Hawaii News – Hawaii Tribune-Herald Hilo-area News, Sports, Weather and Entertainment
- Ige releases design, land funds for Kolekole bridgeby none on May 26, 2022 at 10:05 am
Gov. David Ige recently released $700,000 in capital improvement project funding to finance design and land for rehabilitation of Kolekole Stream Bridge on Hawaii Belt Road north of Hilo.
- County pays $135,000 to settle defamation lawsuitby none on May 26, 2022 at 10:05 am
Hawaii County has agreed to pay $135,000 to settle a defamation lawsuit filed by two former employees who said former county officials besmirched their reputations by telling a newspaper they’d been fired.
- 10 Hilo residents nabbed in warrant sweepby none on May 26, 2022 at 10:05 am
An inter-agency warrant sweep by officers from the Hawaii Police Department, Hawaii State Sheriff’s Department and Department of Land and Natural Resources was conducted in Hilo on Tuesday, resulting in the arrest of 10 wanted individuals for a total of 21 outstanding warrants.
- Police arrest 22 for DUIby none on May 26, 2022 at 10:05 am
During the week of May 16-22, Hawaii Island police arrested 22 motorists for DUI. Three of the drivers were involved in a traffic accident. One was younger than 21.
- From Ukraine to the Big Island with alohaby none on May 26, 2022 at 10:05 am
Honokaa is 12,454 miles away from Ukraine, but the two places have a new connection thanks to a generous community.
- Humanity Hale: Creating the next generation of healed individualsby none on May 26, 2022 at 10:05 am
Humanity Hale, a nonprofit in Kona, will launch a series of programs this summer designed to help youth who have experienced trauma learn how to move forward.
- Kalanianaole school play court clears final environmental hurdleby John Burnett on May 26, 2022 at 10:05 am
All systems are go for a new covered play court at Prince Jonah Kuhio Kalanianaole Elementary and Intermediate School in Papaikou.
- Career fair to host 40 businessesby none on May 26, 2022 at 10:05 am
Hawaii Island Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals is hosting a career fair for over 40 businesses next week.
- Hawaii Concert Society returns with fan favoriteby none on May 25, 2022 at 10:05 am
The Hawaii Concert Society is returning to in-person events next week with a live concert by longtime Hilo favorite, pianist Joyce Yang.
- Get ready, Brewfest on tap againby none on May 25, 2022 at 10:05 am
The Hilo Brewfest is coming back with a plethora of beer, live music and fun next month.