Hawaii News – Hawaii Tribune-Herald Hilo-area News, Sports, Weather and Entertainment
- County discusses tipping fees, credit for garbage haulersby Michael Brestovansky on June 17, 2021 at 10:05 am
The county is reconsidering a change in how rubbish haulers are charged at the county’s landfills.
- Hilo woman among first winners of vaccination contestby none on June 17, 2021 at 10:05 am
A Hilo woman and Honolulu man were named the first two winners of the #HIGotVaccinated prize giveaway.
- Man arrested in connection with Keauhou murderby none on June 17, 2021 at 10:05 am
Hawaii Police took a Kailua-Kona man into custody Wednesday in connection with the May 25 shooting death of Joey Richmond at Keauhou-Kainaliu Beach Road, locally known as “End of the World.”
- Minimum term set for child’s deathby none on June 17, 2021 at 10:05 am
A woman sentenced to a quarter-century behind bars in connection with the 2018 death of a 6-year-old Kona boy will be eligible for parole after serving just over 13 years.
- Hawaii recognizes Juneteenth, Kalaupapa Monthby Michael Brestovansky on June 17, 2021 at 10:05 am
Gov. David Ige signed five bills into law Wednesday focused on acknowledging and correcting inequality in the state.
- New law aims to curb state eviction casesby Michael Brestovansky on June 17, 2021 at 10:05 am
Gov. David Ige ratified a law Wednesday aimed at minimizing the number of court eviction cases when his eviction moratorium ends in August.
- Police arrest 13 for DUIby none on June 17, 2021 at 10:05 am
During the week of June 7-13, Hawaii Island police arrested 13 motorists for DUI.
- Seattle group wins appeal in quest to overturn Ireland murder convictionsby John Burnett on June 17, 2021 at 10:05 am
The state Intermediate Court of Appeals on Tuesday ruled Hilo Circuit Judge Henry Nakamoto erred when he denied a group seeking to overturn convictions in the Dana Ireland murder trial a hearing on a motion to unseal post-conviction DNA testing conducted on a piece of key evidence.
- DLIR launches another unemployment benefits programby none on June 17, 2021 at 10:05 am
The state Department of Labor and Industrial Relations on Wednesday announced it will launch the Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation Program.
- Video shows man apologized before Honolulu police shot himby none on June 16, 2021 at 10:05 am
HONOLULU — Doorbell camera video obtained and made public by lawyers representing the family of a man fatally shot two months ago by Honolulu police provides more information about the events that unfolded before the deadly encounter with officers.