Hawaii News – Hawaii Tribune-Herald Hilo-area News, Sports, Weather and Entertainment
- Firefighters battling wildire near Waimeaby none on July 30, 2021 at 11:53 pm
Firefighters are battling what a county statement called “a runaway wildland fire” on Mana Road near Parker Ranch land outside Waimea.
- Firefighters battling brush fire in Ka‘uby none on July 30, 2021 at 9:10 pm
A brush fire was reported on Ninole Loop near Punaluʻu Beach at about 7 a.m. today.
- Hawaii hits 60% mark for vaccinationsby none on July 30, 2021 at 10:05 am
Sixty percent of Hawaii residents are now fully vaccinated against COVID-19 — three weeks after the state was expected to hit that benchmark.
- Jill Biden treated for puncture on foot after Hawaii visitby none on July 30, 2021 at 10:05 am
WASHINGTON (AP) — First lady Jill Biden underwent a medical procedure Thursday to flush out debris from a puncture wound on her left foot, her spokesperson said.
- White man chosen by Hawaii governor won’t get judge jobby none on July 30, 2021 at 10:05 am
HONOLULU — A white man chosen by Hawaii’s governor to be an appeals court judge said he wanted to withdraw his name from the confirmation process Thursday after complaints that someone with a different racial background or gender should be selected instead.
- Homesteaders eye dispute between Fevella, Aila: Senate minority leader seeks probe of DHHLby John Burnett on July 30, 2021 at 10:05 am
CLARIFICATION/CORRECTION 7-30-21: Gov. David Ige on July 19 announced the release of more than $2.6 million in capital improvement funding for the development of subsistence agricultural lots in Honomu, with Big Island Sen. Lorraine Inouye a part of the funding process as a member of the Senate Ways and Means Committee. The Tribune-Herald regrets the error.
- Wally’s Watch Service winding down: Kainaliu shop set to close after 71 yearsby none on July 30, 2021 at 10:05 am
After more than four decades in the watchmaking business, Wally Nakamoto wasn’t sure how to begin the process of retiring.
- County’s Sister City Virtual Concert slated for todayby none on July 30, 2021 at 10:05 am
Hawaii County’s 2021 Sister City Virtual Concert, themed “A Whole New World,” is set to premiere at 7 p.m. today on Na Leo TV.
- Ocean View man sought on warrantsby none on July 30, 2021 at 10:05 am
Police are seeking the public’s assistance to find a 42-year-old Ocean View man wanted on three outstanding warrants — one for bail jumping and two for revocation of court-supervised release.
- 622 new COVID-19 cases reported statewide, 111 on Big Islandby none on July 30, 2021 at 10:05 am
The state Department of Health today has reported 622 new cases of COVID-19, the highest single-day case count reported since the pandemic began.